Updated: Feb 18, 2020
1. The Burj Al Arab Hotel Uses Enough Gold to Cover the Mona Lisa Painting 46,265 Times
The interior of the Burj Al Arab is decorated with around 1,790 square meters of 24-carat gold leaf. With that, you could cover 46,265 Mona Lisa paintings!
2. 25% of All Cranes in the World Were Once Located in Dubai
3. Dubai’s Artificial Palm Islands Use Enough Sand to Fill 2.5 Empire State Buildings
4. The Police Force in Dubai Spends More on Each of Their Super Cars Than It Costs to Send a Child to College in the USA
An interesting fact about Dubai: Dubai’s police force uses supercars to impress tourists and show how “classy” the city is.
This includes cars such as the Ferrari FF (US$ 500,000), Lamborghini Aventador (US$ 397,000) and an Aston Martin One-77 (US$ 1.79 million).
In comparison, attending New York University, the most expensive college in the USA, costs about $248,000 for four years!
5. Roughly 85 Percent of Dubai’s Population Is Foreign
6. In Dubai Robots Are Replacing Illegal Child Labor in Camel Racing